Home Mining

Karo Mining Holdings is confident that its platinum project in Mhondoro, Mashonaland West province, Zimbabwe, has the potential to become a world-class asset capable of producing up to 190,000 tonnes of PGMs annually.

The company’s Investor Relations and Communication Director, Ilja Graulich, has stated that the project, which utilizes open-pit mining, represents a cost-effective approach to developing the mine.

The Karo Platinum project is a joint venture between Karo Mining Holdings and Generation Minerals, a special-purpose vehicle owned by the Republic of Zimbabwe. Karo Mining Holdings owns 85% of the project, while Generation Minerals owns the remaining 15%. The project is located on the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe, and its initial lifespan is 17 years. However, less than 10% of the 23,903-hectare project area has been utilized to attain this lifespan.

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Sign up to get the latest GreatDyke news updates

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Karo Platinum has made significant progress in the development of the project, securing mining and environmental permits and establishing a community trust fund to support local development initiatives. The project has a short construction period and is expected to deliver its first ore to the mill by July 2024.

In 2018, Karo Platinum was awarded a Special Grant in the Great Dyke in the Mashonaland West District for an area of 23,902.9 hectares. The company is committed to developing the project in a sustainable and socially responsible manner, ensuring that the local community benefits from the project’s success.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here