Home News Coal Miner Taking Huge Strides In Lubu Coking Coal Project

Coal Miner Taking Huge Strides In Lubu Coking Coal Project

66
0
file picture newzwire

London listed natural resource development company Contango Holdings says the sinking of a shaft is underway at its Lubu Coking Coal Project while discussions continue with a potential long-term off-take partner.

Contango Holdings Executive Director Carl Esprey indicated that mining would only get underway once a consumer comes on board. He highlighted that talks are ongoing with a Zimbabwean subsidiary of one of the world’s largest stainless-steel producers, a Chinese industrial company.

He attributed some of the delays to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Sign up to get the latest GreatDyke news updates

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Contango Holdings has a 70% interest in the Lubu Coal Project in Hwange, with the remaining 30% held by supportive local partners. Lubu covers 19 236 hectares of the highly prospective Karroo Mid Zambezi coal basin, located in the Hwange mining district in north-western Zimbabwe.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here