Home Crime and Courts Dadaya High School Teen Electrocuted At School

Dadaya High School Teen Electrocuted At School

21
0

By Amanda Mbiba

What should have been a normal Saturday afternoon of playing football with friends ended fatally for a teenage Dadaya High School student after he was electrocuted by a loose naked electricity cable.

Speaking to Great Dyke News, Midlands Police Spokesperson Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko said police in Zvishavane received a case of sudden death where Tanaka Chihwendo (15) died after he was electrocuted on the 12th of November at around 1700 hours at school.

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Sign up to get the latest GreatDyke news updates

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

He said allegations are that the deceased was playing soccer with his friends near the boys’ hostels when he accidentally touched a naked wire that was hanging from an electricity pole and was electrocuted.

He was rushed to Zvishavane District Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

The ZRP urged institutions and authorities in charge of public infrastructure and facilities to ensure that their implements are safe for the public at all times.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here