Home News 15-yr-Old Girl Electrocuted During Church Service.

15-yr-Old Girl Electrocuted During Church Service.

659
0

A 15-year-old girl died in Nkulumane suburb, Bulawayo, on Tuesday night in a case of suspected electrocution while doing laundry in a bathroom.

Acting Bulawayo police spokesperson Assistant Inspector Nomalanga Msebele said the deceased, a Form Three pupil at Nkulumane High School, was found lying unconscious in the bathroom with water running from the tap.

She was later confirmed dead and some locals noticed that there were electric wires that were exposed in the house.

Assistant Inspector Msebele added that the incident happened during a church service which was at the deceased’s family house.

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Sign up to get the latest GreatDyke news updates

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

“A 15-year-old girl died in case of suspected electrocution. She was found lying in the bathroom by one of the family members,” she said.

 “One of the family members went into the bathroom and she found the girl unconscious while water was running from the tap. The member suffered electric shocks when she tried to administer first aid to the now deceased,” said Assistant Inspector Msebele.

Last year, a six-year-old boy from Mandava suburb in Zvishavane died of electrocution in his sleep in May .

The boy who was an Early  Child Development ( ECD) B pupil at Gresham Primary School is suspected to have been electrocuted by a  current from a frayed cable after a fridge in the room where he was sleeping defrosted and the water flowed on to him.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here