Home News 6 Year Zvishavane Boy Dies Of Electric Shock.

6 Year Zvishavane Boy Dies Of Electric Shock.

818
0

By Belinda Sibanda

A six-year-old boy from Mandava suburb in Zvishavane died of electrocution in his sleep Monday night.

The boy who was an Early  Child Development ( ECD) B pupil at Gresham Primary School is suspected to have been electrocuted by a  current from a frayed cable after a fridge in the room where he was sleeping defrosted and the water flowed on to him.

A neighbor and a church mate of the parents of the deceased boy who identified himself as Madzibaba Shem said the boy was found dead in the morning with an injury on his head.

Zimbabwe Republic Police Acting Midlands spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Ethel Mukwende, however, said they have not yet received a report of the tragedy.

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Sign up to get the latest GreatDyke news updates

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Meanwhile, Zvishavane Fire and Rescue Department Chief Fire Officer Rerai Muchara recently warned members of the public against risky behavior when connecting or handling electric appliances.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here