|Country||Total Cases||New Cases||Total Deaths||New Deaths||Total Recovered|
There are 3,727,936 cases of the Covid-19 pandemic. A total of 81,247cases were recorded yesterday and the death toll world-wide is now at 258,344.
Brazil has the 9th highest number of cases of the Covid-19 pandemic with a total of 115,953 and a death toll at 7,958. The country is now emerging as Latin America’s coronavirus epicenter.
A 352 jump in cases was recorded in South Africa to bring the total number of cases to 7,572 with a death toll of 148 as 10 new deaths were recorded yesterday.
Tanzania has 480 cases of the pandemic with 16 deaths and 167 cases that have been reported to have recovered.
Zambia had 1 new case of Covid-19 to bring the total number of cases to 139.
Statistics in Zimbabwe and Botswana remain unchanged.
Firms get Covid-19 test reprieve
The local press reported that companies opening under Level 2 of the Covid-19 national lockdown can now postpone testing until kits are accessible with employers, but must ensure staff undergo screening that involves temperature testing and hand sanitisation before they enter the workplace. Cabinet made the adjustment yesterday to the conditions after realising that companies were facing difficulties in acquiring the rapid results test kits.
New workplace rules to consider.
• There should be workplace protocols in place that would include disease surveillance and prevention of the spread of infection.
• All employers to screen staff on a daily basis for symptoms of Covid-19, including a symptom check as well as temperature assessment.
• All employees to use masks especially where social distancing is not possible.
• Work environment to have sanitisers available or hand washing facilities with soap.
• Stringent social distancing measures should be implemented in the workplace
Metal Prices Asia/Europe/NY markets