Zimbabwe has imposed a stiff lockdown with immediate effect following a spike in Covid-19 cases.
Addressing a press conference, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga who is also the Minister of Health and Child Care said only essential services will remain open with non essential services gyms, restaurants, bars and churches banned for 30 days.
Below are some of the highlights from the Vice President’s speech.
• Only essential services to remain open
• Gatherings of not more than 30 people at funerals
• Correct wearing of face masks, social distancing, hand sanitization and temperature checks to be strictly enforced
• Other commercial services mining, manufacturing and agriculture to operate as before
• Open from 8am and close at 3pm
• People must stay at home save for buying food or medicines etc
• Curfew 6pm to 6am
• Air transport to continue as before
• Formal business and registered informal traders suspended for 30 days
• Only exam classes are to open now
• Facilities and national parks to operate subject to usual health conditions
• Cross border traders banned save for commercial and transit cargo for essential and critical services
• Restaurants and bars closed for 30 days