The outbreak of Covid-19 has disturbed the way in which companies do business, with many uncertainties around the future of small and established businesses and ultimately the economies of the world.
During this period, it is crucial for companies to maintain their brand and to reassure their clients that there are contingency plans in place to ensure that this pandemic doesn’t completely throw them off the rails. It is at this point when your PR will come in handy.
This pandemic is difficult to navigate for companies, institutions and even government, now more than ever companies will be looking into their reserve funds to help them swim in an environment that would otherwise make them sink.
Budget cuts are inevitable at this time and most companies would think to cut out PR and marketing services to try contain costs but in actual fact, PR is pivotal in positioning your business especially during periods of uncertainty, emergency or crisis. It is essential to make use of PR in the most innovative way possible.
While it is necessary for companies and clients to prioritise their health and that of their employees, it is also very necessary to employ creative means to stay afloat.
Below are five ways to digitally market your company during the lockdown.
- Digital marketing: Using marketing tools like Google AdWords campaigns and Search Engine Optimisation activities such as constant content update on your website and onsite SEO.
- Social media marketing: posting content to social media and boosting specific posts will help you create positive awareness to the targeted audience your business wants to reach.
- Digital media interviews: Ask your Communications department to schedule telephonic and Skype broadcast interviews (TV and radio) to reach more of your targeted market.
- Online media articles: During the 21 Days lockdown, digital media, in the form of online news portals and websites will have more readers, far more than print media, so it is important for companies to produce media releases, opinion pieces and analytics articles that can be published online during the outbreak.
- Social media engagements: In the age of instant messaging and conversations online, live updates and posts are vital for strengthening relations between companies and their potential clients. Video marketing is essential for engagements.
- CEOs should be encouraged to do Q and A’s with their social media audience, that way you strengthening the relationship between your company and the people who are interested in your company.
Great Dyke News 24 as an essential service to the country is working overtime to inform and educate the public on the developments of the Covid-19 virus with the help of the Ministry of Health and Child Care.
Lastly, putting your brand out there during this time will be a great move.
Jeoffrey Ncube is a Creative Executive for MEJRKH Holdings. He has 4 years’ experience in respective fields of finance and digital media. Particular areas of expertise include Financial Reporting, Stockbroking, Mining Reporting, and Financial Media.