Home Crime and Courts Tragic Fire Incident Claims Life of 9-Month-Old Infant in Zvishavane

Tragic Fire Incident Claims Life of 9-Month-Old Infant in Zvishavane

102
0

In a heart-wrenching incident, police have confirmed a fatal fire that occurred today around 1:00 PM within the Mandava high-density suburb of Zvishavane. The blaze resulted in the untimely demise of a 9-month-old infant.
According to ZRP Midlands police spokesperson, the mother of the deceased infant had left her two children – a 3-year-old and the now-deceased 9-month-old – momentarily as she went to take a bath. Tragically, during her absence, a fire broke out in their make-shift dwelling. The baby was found sleeping on a foam rubber mattress inside the house, while the elder sibling was engaged in play outdoors.
The distressed mother was alerted to the fire by a concerned neighbor. In a courageous joint effort with other community members, they managed to extinguish the flames. Regrettably, the infant had already succumbed to the blaze, having suffered burns to the head and upper body.

Subscribe For Latest Updates

Sign up to get the latest GreatDyke news updates

Invalid email address
We promise not to spam you. You can unsubscribe at any time.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here