|Country||Total Cases||New Cases||Total Deaths||New Deaths||Total Recovered||Active Cases||Total Tests|
There have now been more than 8million confirmed virus cases worldwide, as cases are now 8,118,570 after 124, 600 new cases were recorded yesterday.
The US has reported 20,722 which is the most in terms of Covid-19 deaths followed by Brazil and the UK.
India has the fourth-highest number of Covid-19 cases in the world now with more than 343, 091 infections. Earlier this week, India recorded more than 11,000 fresh infections daily for three days.
A fresh cluster of novel coronavirus cases have emerged from a wholesale food market in Beijing, after the city reported no new local infections for nearly two months. 29 neighborhoods are under lockdown in the Chinese capital.
Nigeria now has the third highest number of deaths in Africa as they now have 16, 658 confirmed cases. 4 new deaths were recorded yesterday to bring the total number of case to 424.
Zimbabwe recorded 4 new cases of the virus to bring the number of total infections to 387 with 54 recoveries and 329 active cases.
Covid-19 Response by mining companies in South Africa
The mining industry in the North West province has been hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. One of the areas hardest hit is the Bojanala District, which requires more beds for the sick. There is a field hospital built by a mining company for COVID-19 positive people and the employees of the company, as well as community members.
The mining industry has an extensive medical care infrastructure. With the reopening of mines, the sector’s countless clinics and medical staff the sector eased the burden on the burden on National Government in terms of testing and risk aversion.
The Minerals Council has provided a broad overview of the tangible outcomes resulting from financial support which include:
• The provision of equipment and consumables for testing facilities.
• The provision and/or purchasing of PPE and critical medical equipment for health and social development personnel in the field, and in hospitals and clinics.
• The purchase of water tanks and supply of water to public facilities and communities.
• The provision of food parcels to vulnerable families in host communities.
• Contributions to the Solidarity Fund and other non-governmental organisations.
• Increasing awareness among employees and communities through radio, print and social media. Mining Review.
Metal Prices Asia/Europe/NY markets